9:00 am Virtual Networking & Morning Coffee
9:30 am Chair’s Opening Remarks & Recap of Day 1
Device Leader Think Tank
9:40 am Timely Launch: What Does a World Class Device Engineering Team Need to Look Like & How Can We Ensure Speed-to-Patient?
- Paul Roussel Senior Director – Combination Products , Kiniksa Pharmaceuticals
10:00 am How Should the Device Team Anticipate & Prepare for Emerging Pipeline to Accelerate Speed-to-Market with a Patient Centric Approach?
- Daniel Latham Head of Device Development & LCM, Novartis
10:20 am Panel Discussion: How Customer Requirements Have Changed How We Package Biologics – From PFS to Autoinjector?
- Adam Schroeder Business Development Manager, PCI Pharma Services
- Alasdair Young Director, Device Engineering, Coherus Biosciences
- Alex Weaver Director of Engineering, PCI Pharma Services
- Peter Grassl Head of Sales & Marketing, Dividella AG
11:00 am Morning Refreshment Break
11:30 am Jazz’s Journey in Developing a Novel Biologics Device – Thinking Ahead & Putting Patients’ Needs First
- James Leamon Director, Biologics Device Development, Jazz Pharmaceuticals, Inc
11:50 am Device Innovation & Challenges to Support Emerging Cell & Gene Therapy
- Min Wei Former Associate Director, Janssen
12:10 pm Panel Discussion: Change Control to Drive QMRS & Product Progression
- Alan Golden Principal, Design Quality Consultants, LLC
1:15 pm Lunch
2:00 pm An Introduction to Microneedles – What, Why and Who?
- James Birchall Deputy Head of School, Cardiff University
2:20 pm From Device to Development – How Far Are We from a Commercial Needle-Free Injection?
- Tycho Speaker Director, Drug Delivery & Biomaterials, Allergan
2:40 pm A Collaborative Approach to Microneedle Development
- Sion Coulman Senior Lecturer, Cardiff University