8:00 am Registration & Welcome Coffee
9:00 am Chair’s Opening Remarks & Recap of Day 1
Device Leader Think Tank
9:10 am Timely Launch: What Does a World Class Device Engineering Team Need to Look Like & How Can We Ensure Speed-to-Patient?
- Paul Roussel Senior Director – Combination Products , Kiniksa Pharmaceuticals
9:40 am How Should the Device Team Anticipate & Prepare for Emerging Pipeline to Accelerate Speed-to-Market with a Patient Centric Approach?
- Daniel Latham Head of Device Development & LCM, Novartis
10:10 am Panel Discussion: How Customer Requirements Have Changed How We Package Biologics – From PFS to Autoinjector?
- Adam Schroeder Business Development Manager, PCI Pharma Services
- Alasdair Young Director, Device Engineering, Coherus Biosciences
- Alex Weaver Director of Engineering, PCI Pharma Services
11:00 am Morning Refreshment Break
Future Injectable Device Strategy
11:30 am The Future of Electronic-Enabled Combination Drug Delivery Product
- Senior Representative , Philips Medisize, a molex company
12:00 pm Device Innovation & Challenges to Support Emerging Cell & Gene Therapy
- Min Wei Former Associate Director, Janssen
12:30 pm Networking Lunch
1:30 pm An Introduction to Microneedles – What, Why and Who?
- James Birchall Deputy Head of School, Cardiff University
2:00 pm From Device to Development – How Far Are We from a Commercial Needle-Free Injection?
- Tycho Speaker Director, Drug Delivery & Biomaterials, Allergan
2:30 pm A Collaborative Approach to Microneedle Development
- Sion Coulman Senior Lecturer, Cardiff University
3:00 pm Afternoon Tea & Networking Break
3:30 pm From Connected Devices to Building a Digital Ecosystem
- Michael Song Head of Device Functionality, Safety, Digital Connectivity, AstraZeneca
4:00 pm The Challenges of Conducting Formative Studies for Electro-Mechanical Injectable Device
- Young Chun Associate Director, Human Factors & User Research, Takeda